Creative Writing

Monday, September 04, 2006

From the time I started kindergarten until about two years ago, I was boy crazy. As I mature things have changed, obviously. I have had many a crush, for various, ridiculous reasons. But there will always be that one person who still gives you butterflies everything you see them. The person who gives you more than just a nice conversation without even knowing it when they talk to you in the hallways; the alumni who attends the homecoming game and still makes your breath stop and your stomach plummet when your eyes meet. For me, that person was Casey Wilkes, my first crush. Casey's blonde, straight hair constantly reminded me of a Finesse commercial at its best while his smile was nothing short of perfect. Casey Wilkes was quarterback on the football team, homecoming king, and on ASB. Although I never really talked to him about anything truly important, my days during my freshman year of high school were spent swooning from afar. I knew that Casey and I would never be together, and that was okay with me. Just liking him was good enough for me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Maya said...

What kind of conversations did you guys have? Did you try to flirt with him? And since you guys were so far apart in age, how did you guys meet and talk?

12:09 PM  
Blogger Hailey said...

maya:
Our conversations never really consisted of anything legitimate. It was just the normal "Hello" and "How are you"s that were exchanged. I never tried to flirt with him probably because I was too intimidated by his age. We met through a family friend who was older and hung out only a few times with a large group of people. I always got really shy when he was around.

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home